Monday, August 02, 2010

Chicken Cutlets with Herb Sauce

When I'm stuck in a Parmesan Chicken rut because it seems like the only meal my kids will eat without complaint, I'm thankful for delicious meals such as this one.  It's simple and quick to make and tastes like it requires more effort than it actually does. My favorite kind of meal.


Chicken Cutlets with Herb Sauce
from Real Simple Magazine

1 tbs olive oil
1-1/2 lbs yukon or red potatoes cut into 1/2 in. pieces
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 or 1-1/2 lbs chicken cutlets
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
2 tbs unsalted butter
2 tbs chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, sage, and parsley are particularly delicious!)

Heat oven to 425. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook potatoes until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to baking dish and season with 1 tsp salt. Bake 10 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Return skillet to med-high heat. Cook chicken until browned and done- 3 or 4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Add wine or broth to skillet, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, deglazing the drippings. Add 1 tbs butter and stir or whisk until completely combined. Repeat with remaining butter. Add herbs and remaining salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add potatoes to chicken platter and spoon sauce over top.

2 comments:

  1. I made this last week, and my family and I loved it! No leftovers,even, which made me kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was REALLY good. I tried it tonight and the kids LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete