Monday, September 22, 2008

Steak a la Chicana

I remember my Aunt Mae making this spicy dish for large family gatherings. It was so hot, it often made me cry, but at the same time, it's so stinkin' good. I usually use just 5 peppers and remove all ribs and seeds. So great on a cold night (or any other night, for that matter).

1 (1 1/2- 2 lb) round steak
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5-10 jalapeno peppers, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 large can stewed tomatoes
3-4 small cans tomato sauce
2-3 tomato cans of water

Cut steak into bite sized pieces and brown in 3 qt. pan. Add onion, garlic, and peppers; cook just until brown. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 4-6 hours (I do this step in the crock pot and let it cook all day). Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment