Sunday, June 16, 2013

Whole30- Day 3

I knew that today would be a challenge. My sister and I were taking our Dad out for breakfast, for Father's Day. In true diner style, my bacon (I don't think I was supposed to eat bacon) and eggs were accompanied by hash browns (mmmm...hash browns...) and my choice of toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, or grits. Oh, mercy. I chugged down my bacon and eggs and simply didn't make "eye contact" with the rest.

I grabbed some berries and drank my iced coffee when I got home and am hitting a wall with black coffee. My Facebook support group tells me that it will get easier, and I'll get used to it. But for now I'm going with my cousin Keri's suggestion of homemade coconut cream. I made it tonight for tomorrow's coffee, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

I was feeling a bit lousy today after yesterday's headache and I took an involuntary nap for about an hour, between breakfast and lunch. When I woke up, I was pretty famished and didn't care to put more effort into lunch than more scrambled eggs with "taco meat." Yeah, eggs are getting old.
I snacked on almonds and blueberries in the afternoon while playing Go-Fish with my son. Then dinner, while delicious, was the final push I needed to get to the grocery store. I simply sauteed chicken thighs in one pan, and onion, carrot, and zucchini in another. It was really good, but I've got a bit more variety planned for next week.
I haven't had too much difficulty so far. I'm already much more mindful of how much emotional/stressed/bored/frustrated/angry/happy/mindless eating I do throughout the day. I'm waiting for the amazing amounts of energy that I keep reading about. Like that elusive second trimester burst of energy, perhaps?
Either way, day 3 is in the books, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Good job of pushing through. The first week I was tired- went to bed early every night. Also, I found if I needed snacks in between meals, it meant I was not eating enough protein at each meal to get me through- so bring on more bacon! :-) Love you and I am enjoying reading your posts. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete