Sunday, June 23, 2013

Whole30- Day 10

A very sweet friend and her husband are adopting a baby. Her shower was today, and I was making a couple of dishes to bring: good, old-fashioned sausage balls, and sugar cookies. I knew what the other dishes were going to be (Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce!!!), as well, and knew I would be surrounded by stuff I couldn't eat. So I had 3 eggs for breakfast instead of just 2, along with my sweet potato hash brown (are you sick of hearing about how good those are?).
Sweet, sweet Jordan, who was in charge of making the quiche, was thoughtful enough to make me some individual "quiches" in a cupcake tin- just eggs, sausage, and spinach. So with that and fruit, I didn't feel like the high-maintenance guest that I have become. Thanks, Jordan!

The shower was a brunch, from 11-1, so I wasn't quite hungry enough for lunch when I got home, but I needed something. At times like that, 2 p.m./no-man's land, I would usually grab a cheese stick or some peanut butter on a spoon (or something much less healthy, if it's available), but of course, those are out for now. I sought help from Facebook friends (apparently I need to get myself some almond butter!) but eventually got hungry enough to cook up some onion, zucchini, and leftover chicken. Yum.

After spending the afternoon outside while the kids swam, I was unmotivated to make dinner. They had peanut butter sandwiches, and I warmed up some leftover spaghetti sauce. It's kind of like a bowl of chili, right? That's not that weird...

I need to get the grocery store again. I'm running low on all my go-to's and toast is way too tempting.

1 comment:

  1. A third of the program is behind you, you are getting stronger and healthier. You are probably seeing how much of what we put in our bodies is NOT real food. Keep it up, great rewards are still ahead!
    Love, Aunt P

    ReplyDelete