Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oatmeal Sandwich Bread

You can stop buying bread right now. No, really! This is it! THIS is the homemade bread recipe that can replace store-bought bread forever! It's not just a delicious bread you can enjoy with dinner. You can slice it and make a sandwich with it.

I'm not alone here, right? You've been wanting this, right?

Ok. Here it is.

(It's not my recipe at all, just something I pinned, so I thought I'd just share the link with you.)

Notes from my kitchen:
*The recipe calls for unsulphured molasses. More than likely, the molasses you find in your grocery store or Target will be unsulphured. Like this one or this one. I didn't have any so I used honey. Easy swap.

*I used white whole wheat flour. Still whole wheat, but so amazingly light and therefore easier to use in place of all-purpose flour in other recipes. I use this one.

*The bread flour I use is apparently higher in protein that other bread flours. I've been having issues with breads coming out too dry, so I used 1/4 cup more water than the recipe calls for.

*I used cheap, Target brand old-fashioned oats.

*As I do with most things I bake, I added about 2 tbs (maybe more) of ground flaxseeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment