Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Whole30 Adventure


read about it yesterday, I started it today. The Whole30 is supposed to recharge your system by changing your eating habits for 30 days. 

I chatted with my husband about it, because he is always leery of any "diet," "cleanse," "plan," etc. that completely eliminates a food group. He doesn't agree with giving up even whole grains, but he still gave me the stamp of approval, his support, and his guarantee that he won't be joining me in this journey.
I'm okay with that.

More than anything else, my motivation for trying this is simply to see if I can and will do it. I am not known for my discipline. I can be lazy in some areas. I make lists and plans and then forget about them

In addition, while I consider myself to be a pretty healthy person, I have a couple of issues that I could live without: migraine headaches, and something called PVC's. (Dad, Grannie, and any other family member who may read that, don't freak out. I've talked to my doctor about them and I'm okay.)

So I'm doing it. 
I'm feasting on food I love and cutting out food I love. 

I will (try) and post my daily meals, thoughts, and results. So at least it will get me blogging again! 
So long, nightly beer with my husband. I WILL miss you.

3 comments:

  1. I completed Whole 30 with great results- no seasonal allergies (which this year was reportedly bad); lost weight:-) improved sleep and menopausal conditions; steady energy all day long; and belly fat is gone. I continue to eat in a modified version. You go girl!
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to oversell it or anything, but Whole 30 is the single most important thing I've ever done for my spiritual life. I hope it's the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinteresting.... I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete