Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

My friend Sarah makes the best chocolate zucchini bread ever.  She shared it with my sister a few years ago and I've been making it ever since.  My sister is allergic to dairy, so if I'm making it for her, I use oil instead of butter.  However you make it, it's delicious!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread

½ cup canola oil or butter (1 stick), room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar (or 1 cup honey)
2 eggs
1 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess water
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Cream sugar (or honey) and butter (or oil) – add eggs, then zucchini and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients into wet. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Makes 1 loaf.
If using honey, cook at a lower temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment