Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weekly Menu

My husband gets a bit nervous when he goes grocery shopping with me. Seeing that number climb and climb as more and more items are scanned makes his heart race and his palms get a bit sweaty. So I knew that when we broke the $300 mark on our last big trip (emphasis on the word big - we were out of everything!) I had better make that last. And I did. We still have meat in the freezer as well as multiple lunches covered.
Here's some of what we had:

Chicken and Cashews in Lettuce Cups- though (whoops) I forgot to buy the lettuce, so we had this over brown rice with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.

Chicken Tortilla Soup- my mom's recipe. I'll share it soon. We had enough of this leftover to take to my folk's house for our traditional Christmas Eve Mexican feast.

Pepper Steak with mashed potatoes- I just use lots of cracked black pepper in place of the green peppercorns and leave out the cognac

Chicken nuggets and Mac and Cheese- only the best mac and cheese I've ever made!

Chicken Noodle Soup

Bean Burritos- with plenty more in the freezer

Pepperoni Pinwheels- a big hit with the picky 3 1/2 year old in my house!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... I guess the comment above was a compliment.
    And yes, that is a great Mac and Cheese recipe. Not grainy or floury tasting like others I have tried. I tried Ray Ray's mac and cheese recipe awhile back, and I don't recommend it. Though, she probably has more than one recipe for it now.

    ReplyDelete